Confession : I have FOMO.
FOMO (Fear of missing out)
– anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on a social media website. (www.google.com)
For the past years, I noticed that I am so afraid of missing out things on my calendar so I end up cramming and not becoming excellent. The worst is, I end up not enjoying whatever’s present.
And last December 31, 2017 a lot of my friends posted their “goodbye to 2017 essays” on Facebook or Instagram. Good thing, I wasn’t tempted to post my own ‘coz first, I did not prepare any (HAHAHA!!!) and second, I do not feel like saying goodbye to 2017 and welcoming 2018 as I spent the last 6 days of 2017 grieving and grueling. I found celebrating His faithfulness so hard — but who am I to label the bad days as a sign of His unfaithfulness? Or how dare am I to actually call Him “unfaithful”? I had an ungrateful heart because of the unexpected plot twists in my life but this particular verse in the Bible served as a reminder for me to do the right thing.
As I study the verse even more, I focused on the phrases TO NUMBER and GAIN A HEART.
I think, the author used the word NUMBER instead of count because no one can really give the exact x number of days we will be here on earth. We can say, that our stay here on earth is indefinite but that should not be our excuse to waste the time given to us, we should make sure to do things excellently and the right way. And as we practice doing the right things and learning from our wrong doings, that is where we GAIN a HEART — not necessarily a wise heart but more of a discerning heart.
Honestly, it sounds so hard. ‘Coz it is really hard to be wise and discerning most especially we have the tendency to rely on the way we want things to happen. We rely on our “how-to’s” but we forget to rely on to the One who wrote our days from womb to tomb. I admit, this is really hard because I am one of those people who easily gets frustrated if someone cancels a planned date or appointment however, I am thankful to be reminded that my life is a work in progress — so it’s okay to complain at times.
So, how do I usually plan my day?
- I start my day by believing this verse from Isaiah 43:19 and lifting up my plans to Him.
For me this passage is to assure me of three things: 1. that no matter what happens, good or bad, it will bloom into something beautiful, 2. that being a gang rape survivor is not something I should be ashamed of because God is surely gonna use that for His glory, 3. that every day is a beautiful day.
- I make sure that before doing anything else, I grab a cup of coffee.
My favorite coffee is none other than The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Philippines ®’s Ready Coffee because I can still have a taste of my favorite coffee everywhere I go.
- I make sure to plot all of my activities for the week at my The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Philippines®’s The Giving JournalI love The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Philippines®’s The Giving Journal because of these five reasons: 1. it allows me to be more intentional when it comes to scheduling my everyday tasks. 2. every week, you can either have a challenge, a reminder or a nugget of wisdom from different individuals who makes an impact in their circle of influence. 3. who would not love to track their health or financial progress? There is a page every month where you can track those, even your relationship with other people. (Isn’t that nice?) 4. it has enough space for me to make my artworks or be more creative. 5. it has monthly themes and that will encourage you to Brew Your Best 2018 by leaving a legacy.
And because I wanna encourage another person to start leaving a legacy, I AM GIVING AWAY A STAMP CARD WITH 12 STAMPS ALREADY to ONE PERSON. You will also receive some surprises from me. Here’s how you can join the giveaway:
- Like my Facebook Page.
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Answer the question:
- Comment your answers at this blog post. (Comments on Facebook will not be accepted)
- Share this blog post on Facebook and use the hashtag #LittleMsPrinter2018Giveaway (make sure to make your post public!)
- You can join the giveaway until January 27, 2018
- I will announce the winner on January 28, 2018 (on Facebook and Blog)
Looking forward for your entries!!!